Sunday, October 13, 2013

Combine Hunting, Fishing Trip with Metal Detecting

Have you anytime came aloft an old building, foundation or
a big timberline with carvings on it while you were hunting or fishing in
the aback country? I have, and I abstruse to accompany my metal detector on
my trips.
During a hunting cruise a few years ago, we had four-wheeled
it aback into the hills of Southern Arizona. We were about 2 miles
from the bound of Mexico. Southern Arizona has a lot of history. Old
Forts, Abundance Mines, Boot Hill, Tombstone.
Once we accomplished our hunting location, anniversary of us went in altered direction, analytic for
a acceptable atom to delay for game.
I had hiked about two afar into the abundance if I came up on an old bedrock wall. This bank was fabricated of"stacked" rocks about 1 bottom high. I brainstorm it was taller at one time. It was about 15 anxiety long. I could not amount out what a bank was accomplishing way out in this area. No arresting alley or trail. I decided
to sit on the bank while I waited for game. So did a Rattlesnake. Scared the active day lights out of me. I anticipate I was uglier than he or she, so it slithered away.
After about two hours and not seeing any game, I absitively to blow about this wall. It became credible this bank was in fact a foundation of a accessible band camp, agronomical or allotment of a fort. Usually if you see old barrio in Arizona, you commonly see corrugated beam sheets, or copse of some type. This website had none of those details.
Needless to say, I did not accept my metal detector that day. Using a bedrock I started digging about the
wall. I came beyond an odd shaped section of Iron. It was shaped like a "T" with one end of the top curled. I after begin out what it was from an old rancher. It was a "Boot" cleaner. If the agronomical duke was advancing into the architecture they bankrupt their boots off by active them over the T.
I accept never gone aback to that breadth with a metal detector, but it is apparent on the map.
Over the years we accept searched architect such as the old band camp. If analytic about an old architecture such as a band camp, agronomical abode seek about it. Most of these old timers would dig a aperture alfresco by the architecture and angle their debris in the hole. We accept begin some nice old bottles and added items in the debris hole.
If there is a adequately ample timberline abutting by, analysis it for accomplished activity. Carvings, old braiding blind on
the limbs. Might be a adolescent acclimated it as a swing. You wish to seek about the base. I bethink accomplishing one of our hunting trips, analytic a continued gone mining affected and a ample timberline next to the one of the
buildings. Up about 15 anxiety anchored into the timberline was an old License plate. The timberline grew about the bowl area alone bisected of it was visible. You could not see the date. We larboard it there. I did not want
to do any accident to the tree.
Look for fence column continuing by itself. Miners use to use trees, post, walls to coffin their items of value.
At the aforementioned location, we begin old milk glass, aboveboard nails, old auto parts, old razor and few old coins. Research after adumbrated this mining affected shut down in 1935.

No comments:

Post a Comment